Sunday, February 19, 2012

Questions About Nfl Combine Events

Linda asks…

why do some NFL prospects decide to only partake in some events during the scouting combine?

pee's me right off so im just wondering why they decide to

admin answers:

I'll give you an example rather than try to explain it..

This year, Jake Locker has already said, that he will not participate in any of the throwing events. As a QB you may be wondering why he'd choose not to. Simply put, he has far more to lose than to gain. He's coming off of a less than impressive Senior season and he's already gotten a MLB contract (from the Angels). His stock went up due to a decent performance in the Senior Bowl. If he were to go out and compete in the throwing portions of the combine, he'd be side by side with the likes of Cam Newton (who will compete in all of the events).. Locker is smart enough to realize that competing side by side by either Newton, Gabbert or Mallett will only hurt his stock. All three of those guys have bigger arms than him. He doesn't face to lose anything by not competing.

On the other hand, guys like Newton, who's stock is somehow risen all the way to the top QB in the draft, wants to be the number one pick, well at least the top QB picked, and that's more of a possibility than Locker ever going first. But scouts (and teams) are afraid that he lacks the ability to take a snap from directly under center (as he went from the shotgun primarily in college).. So, if he wants to be the top QB in the draft, he has to go out and prove to everyone that he can (or is at least up to the challenge) get it done. He has far more to lose if he doesn't compete, by if he does compete.. But even if he competes and does poorly, at least he (and teams) will know where he stands.. And that also gives him more practice under pressure..

I, for one, do not think participation in the combine should be optional. I believe that every player should have to showcase their skills in any area that the scouts want to see..

Maria asks…

What position should I play?

I am 13, 5'7", 108 lbs.

Im the best overall player in my school, I can play almost every position, except O- and D-Line. I can't really tackle well (The worst in the school, actually :P), but I guess I make up for it with my coverage skills, since every pass thrown to be has been either an interception or a incompletion (so far o.o). I want to stick with this position because my dream is to become a Hall Of Famer NFL Player. In addition, what should I do to help increase the skills required? Considering the NFL Combine, what should I get in these events? And also, no (your too skinny to play football because I can prove you wrong XD)
Also, I need serious answers, as Im really intent on this. Im willing to weight train or gain some weight to fulfill the position to my best abilities.
Lol its what people who tell me this. I never talk about myself. When you prove your cockyness may be your bad day and you screw up. I let people talk for me XD

admin answers:

Corner sounds good for you but you should also try wide reciever sounds like you got good hands and your fast cuz u said youv'e gotten some picks this year. Just keep in shape and don't talk shit unless you can back it up and it sounds like you could back it up so good luck.

Carol asks…

Do you think Jared Zabransy will do well in the NFL?

I have followed college football and I really think Jared Zabransky has been the most underatted quarterback in the NFL. Not also did he have the fastest time in the 40 during the combines but he beat out the receivers and quarterbacks in the shuttle event. So why is he not getting any props? He wins and cleary, by far, the most athletic. He is also accurate and his arm strenght is average. And we all saw what he did against Oklahoma.

admin answers:

My understanding is that there's been a lot of talking about switching him to wide receiver/tight end instead of keeping him at QB. If that's the case he could definitely be successful, just look at Antwan Randle-El (former Indiana QB).

Either way I think he goes late 6th-7th round just because of the need at QB and the other QB's in the draft. I think anywhere he goes he'll be successful in whatever capacity he works at. But that's just my opinion.

Helen asks…

chris johnson runningback from east carolina i think?

anyone else see him http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok is all u need but heres this to http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=events&filter=combine&videoId=09000d5d806dcdc3 hes a total beast just watch
yeah ray rice matt forte kevin smith steve slaton and mike heart r good backs but he is the most explosive

admin answers:

Hes a great football player..people are talking about him being late 1st early 2nd rounder...no later than Lions 2ns pick in round 2....probably the best "pure" running back in this draft..and no one really knows him......hes alot like Fred Taylor a VERY good back that doesnt get talked about,but coaches and GMS love him.....

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment