Monday, January 9, 2012

Questions About Nfl Combine Bench

Richard asks…

Differences in NFL Combine bench presses?

When I watched the NFL Combine players do bench presses, I saw two different styles. Some pressed the bar all the way, so they had straight arms, and some pressed the bar only about halfway. Their arms were bent.

Now the goal of bench press at the NFL Combine is to get as many reps as possible. I would imagine that the people who only pressed halfway would get more than those who pressed all the way.

Am I right or wrong?

admin answers:

I guess, but the players have different size arms. The rep counts are reviewed anyways.

Nancy asks…

At the NFL combine, during the bench press portion, how much weight are they pressing?

admin answers:

225. You can go to nfl.com and watch the tape or go to www.nfldraftcountdown.com and check there too.

Paul asks…

what was jerome bettis bench press reps at the nfl combine?

i know it does not matter but because he proved that he is a great power back but i just want to know because i cant find it anywere can you please try to find it somewere please i been trying for weeks?

admin answers:

30lbs heres a video of him benching at the combine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3GDTz9fusw

Mark asks…

I am 6'1 195 lbs. How many times should I be able to bench press 225lbs such as they do in the NFL combine?

Also, for my size and wieght, what would be a good max, 1x lift?
I can do 225lbs 10x and max at 285. I have been steadily increasing every week about 1 rep a week on my combine bench. I was just wondering if I was going on a good pace.

admin answers:

You're about the size of a corner or small receiver in the Combine and most of those guys can do 12-15 reps... The guys that stand out and the RBs about your size usually pump out 20+. Im 6'1 220 and my max is 315 2x.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment