Saturday, January 21, 2012

Questions About Nfl Odds

Ruth asks…

How can I get the NFL odds posted on yahoo sports on December 5th??

I need to get the odds that were set ont he 5th. I checked the page and didn't see where a history of odds is. Does yahoo keep a record of them? Does anyone have them.

admin answers:

There is.. I seen it a few time... You just have to click on sports... And then go to NFL home page... And look around there are always there hiding

Betty asks…

How do this weeks nfl odds work?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/dailylines

I know how the + /- system works in general, but i'm more used to seeing it with numbers in the 100's (like -200/+105). Could someone explain a game situation to me for a straight up bet based on this weeks odds?

admin answers:

That's a weird chart so I can see where you are confused. These are not straight win/lose bets (like the -200/+105 for a sport like boxing).
40.0 O/U -- means the over/under
-3.0 -- is the point spread.

Those are two separate bets.

NFL is not usually bet straight up (with odds), you'll have to look deeper into one of the sports books to find the odds.

Carol asks…

Where Can I Get Week 4 NFL Football Odds?

I am looking for a site that shows weekly nfl odds, line movements, etc

admin answers:

I get all my online nfl odds at http://www.footballodds.us

they list all the week 4 nfl odds, as well as baseball, hockey, and basketball.

Hope this helps.

Sandy asks…

What are the odds Toronto gets an NFL team by the end of this decade?

Other than LA, TO is the biggest market without an NFL team. Too big to ignore. I've heard that some teams are facing the threat of relocation (the Jaguars being one), so that would definitely help. Plus, the mayor and his brother (a city councilor) really want one. I know that doesn't guarantee it, but at least it shows that there's willingness to handle one.

I know the odds aren't great, but in %, what are we in the ballpark of?

admin answers:

Ok its not likely for a number of reasons and here's why.

1.) its not teams first choice. If a team wants to relocate they will be looking at LA before Toronto, trust me.

2.) Bills in Toronto series failed, this worries some owners that Toronto can't support an NFL team. I mean think about it this way the Bills can't sell out 50k seats for ONE game in Toronto but other teams can sell out 90k seats in London for ONE game in a country where the sport isn't even popular. That's pretty pitiful. Even Mexico City packed the house better than Toronto could. This and the fact that Argos attendance is never as good as it can be worries owners and makes them double think. Can Toronto really support a team??

3.) Roger's Centre is too small. It only fits around 50k that would make it THE smallest stadium in the entire league!!! So if a team would have to come here they would need a new stadium. That sounds like a simple fix right? Well its not because WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT??? Trust me dude, if you know anything about construction history in Toronto you'll know how much of a botch the construction of the Roger's Centre was. So many cash was wasted by the city in building that stadium and it was riddled with strikes and a whole bunch of BS, the last thing the government wants to do is shell out money so a private owner can build a stadium and make a ton of money of it. So if a stadium is going up in Toronto the owner has got to pay for a lot of it FOR HIMSELF and then he'll figure at the end of the day is it really worth it spending all this money on a new stadium in a city that I'm not even sure could support a team when I could just go to LA? And they'll say screw it.

And that's why Toronto will not get an NFL team anytime soon.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment