Monday, January 30, 2012

Questions About Nfl Odds Spread

Nancy asks…

What does this NFL betting link mean?

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx
There are certain NFL numbers that obviously display the odds though I don't know what they mean.
Who do you think'll win on sunday Packers v. Bears?

admin answers:

I think the packers will win, Coral has them at favourites at 1/2 This means for every $2 you bet you get $1back. The Bears odds are 13/8 which means you win 13 for every 8 units that you bet. These odds show the packers as heavy favourites and so if you were to bet on them you wouldn't be making a profit on the game. Hope that answers your question! Http://sports.coral.co.uk/sport/en#/markets/1611/MT-HTOH/Head-to-Head

Ken asks…

NFL Football odds question?

What does this form of betting mean on football locks?
Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog Total Money Odds
8/20 7:30 ET At New England -7 Cincinnati 37 -$315 +$260

I don't understand the -315 and the +260

admin answers:

I don't either you shouldn't be betting on sports anyway.

Carol asks…

How do sports Odds/Spreads work?

I posted on a site to bet forum money(no its not real money don't worry its not illegal gambling) and I'm just wondering how my spread/odds are looking. Can someone check it out and let me know if I'm on the right track or not?

Offical online Spread: http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/matchups/g1_preview_13.html

My bet thread: http://www.gamersvault.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

Thanks for your help.

admin answers:

Ah gambling. Odds/spreads. My back yard. If you are gambling. Play the odds and spread over,.

Michael asks…

When I look at the point spreads for NFL games, there's a "over / under" number, what is this?

How does it work? Here's one place I see it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/odds

Thanks!
OK, I see what it is, but take the Pats game. It says 46.5 ( -110.0.

I guess that means the total points is 46.5, but what does the "( -110" mean?

admin answers:

The ( -110 ) is the money it means you need to bet $110 to win $100 since the bookie gets his 10%, that number will change depending on the bet, like if you bet a straight wager on a heavy favorite to win you can see something like a (-500) meaning you would need to bet $500 to win $100

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment